Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Victims

My poor, poor American Red Cedars have been stripped to a stark stalk. I have two, one on each corner of the house anchoring the aesthetics of our quaint cape in the middle of the woods. The bottom 4 feet of these evergreens are a delicious treat for a herd of savage beasts that have been feasting in my yard over the last 5 weeks.

Another victim that may bounce back a bit easier than it's green friends.


Breaks my heart to see this. Ugh. We bought our house in 04' (9months later the twins were born). We had a heavy winter that year, lots of cold temps and snow. That year our trees were stripped. It has taken these trees, 3 yrs to grow almost back, only to be ... ravaged again. I'm not sure if they'll come back this time.

Prevention: I think it's too late, but try as I may. I cut 8 (oh my Gosh!!) inches off my hair on Monday. I spent a good part of my afternoon sprinkling strands of hair on the ornamental trees. Well we'll see... I'll keep you 'posted'.

Notice in both Red Cedars the only thing left are my Robin nests. Hope fully there will be enough coverage for them to feel safe this spring. We have watched them lay their eggs and hatch and fly away for the last three years.



No comments:

Post a Comment