Friday, March 30, 2007

Taste Test

Edie's birthday is coming and I wanted to try a couple natural cake mixes to find something that would be tasty enough to serve. I saw these mixes in the organic section of the grocery store. MeMe picked them up for us to try. So the girls and I made cupcakes and delivered them for taste testing.
They came out pretty good. One box yielded 12 cupcakes. They were moist and had great flavor. They were egg, nut and diary free.
I like to frost my cupcakes in the middle. You can pick them up with your hands bite in and not get a nose full of frosting. I found a little frosting goes a long way. The girls liked it and Edie loved it.
We did unfortunately have a small setback after Edie indulged in a new sweet treat. She broke out in an all over body rash. I took her to the docs and they said what she had was presenting as a food allergy, because of her already strict diet it would be a good idea for her to have some testing done for potential allergies. UGH. Poor Edie

No comments:

Post a Comment