Sunday, February 18, 2007

Girls, smile for mommy.

When Daddy has a long weekend there is a lot of silliness around here.
I could hear the twins laughing in thier room, you know that laugh I'm referring to, that hysterical belly laugh that a only a 2 year old can do.
A contagious wave of silliness filled the house. We were dancing and singing, well we were singing and dancing yes...to the Wiggles. The girls had just got up from their nap, and for the first time in a long time they woke with a smile.
Of course the call of laughter drew Todd to their room. The next half hour was the three of them at the top of the stairs making silly faces, noises and doing daces for Edie and I.
Edie and I, were at the bottom of the stairs. She had pulled herself up to the sitting position and clapped her hands with pure delight from the second floor silliness. I grabbed the camera and tried to snap some non-blurry pictures.
We decided to go out to dinner. It was later than our regular dinner time, 5 ish.
The three seen here slept for two and half hours!
We thought we would try that little grille and pub down the road.
I did not have my hopes up and didn't want to go far.
To my surprise and delight everyone was wonderful. They sat and talked, ate and laughed. The girls played 'eye spy' with all the antiques that lined the grille walls. We treated them to a chocolaty treat for having such good behavior, then we headed home. They sang their ABC's and laughed with each other in the third row all the way! The rest of the night finished with this lightheartedness

No comments:

Post a Comment