Monday, March 8, 2010

MUD

I've been going through all my old photo's and taking new ones trying to find an appropriate representation/reflection of March. With no luck I skipped ahead to July and found a Day Lily from my front garden.
As I toiled over pictures dated 'March' from years past. I came to this conclusion. There isn't much that is pretty about March other than the earthy smell in the air. I have yet to capture that in a photograph.
In the 'vortex' March is simply so because the calendar hung in the kitchen is open to that page.

It's neither Winter nor Spring. It's sunny yet the ground is still covered with ankle deep snow, beneath it the sludge that is March. Therefore since we can not seasonally code what time of year it exactly is in the 'vortex' Todd and I are affectionately referring to it as: MUD.

No comments:

Post a Comment