Monday, July 9, 2007

Foxgloves



With all this hot weather and a good dose of cool water my flowers are starting to bloom. The Foxgloves are ready to burst open and feed the steady stream of butterflies that float around the house, I love the fact that they multiply fast and are deer resistant.
It seems like everything is taking a long time this year. The veggies all have flowers and I have a couple of teeny tiny hot peppers but no real crop yet. Thankfully the Farmers Market in town opens on the 13th and I'll be able to pick up some local fresh fruits and veggies. It'll be fun to take the girls, they'll enjoy it, and we'll have some great food for Christmas in July.
My flower boxes are gorgeous on the front of the house, my bookend trees still a little bare (not deer resistant!) Does anyone have any good deer resistant bright flowers they could recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment