Sunday, January 14, 2007



A loving husband, and three beautiful girls I can't help but smile. We've worked hard. There has been a lot of fun, heartache and triumph over the last 3+ years.

Have you seen those country/folk art type of signs? They are these long wooden planks that are usually distressed. They usually have some sort of cute or spiritual quote/saying/hymn on them. We have had one hung at the bottom of our stairs since we moved into our house in 2001. Simply stated it says, Surprise Me.

Each day it greets me as I come down the stairs, and for reasons known and unknown it makes me smile. I know each day will yield some sort of adventure big or small. Through the eyes of a child everyday is a surprise, I have the pleasure of witnessing this each and every day. Being blessed with twins sometimes the same things are seen differently. Although they are twins they unmistakably different and unique little girls. It makes me see things for the first time again through their eyes. This sign is just a little token to remind me anything can happen, so go ahead... Surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment