Saturday, July 10, 2010

~IT'S ALIVE~

After resting comfortably in a bag of rice for 4 days, 1 can of compressed air, new batteries and some gentle encouragement, my camera still didn't work. The LCD screen didn't work, and it appeared the lens was stuck open in a super macro zoom setting. I let out of sigh of defeat and talked options with Todd.
'You should look into that one at BB I told you about, let me see that one.' he said
'Yeah, I'll take a look on my way to work, I need to make a decision whether to go bigger and better or smaller and sacrifice some of the features I like'. I said.
As Todd was checking out the camera,...Beep, beep, beep, the power to my camera came on, the flash went off.
'This works fine.' Todd said as he fired off a few pictures.
'REALLY, NO WAY, WHAT DID YOU DO?!!!' I snatched it back and began my evaluation. There were still some grinding sounds inside with the zoom, but sure as heck the dang thing worked!
The girls and I went out to the lake for a quick swim. Super Macro is NOT an option the lens gets stuck in that setting and I have to power it off and start over, there seems to be some delay when I manually adjust but it works and it took some good pictures!
I called Todd to inform him of the patients condition and mentioned checking out that one he had seen at BB. His reply, 'Why that one works.'
So my trusty little camera and I are back together again, and Chicago's 'Your the Inspiration' swirls through my head every time I think of our ordeal. That was the song on the radio as I rushed back to the house to gather the rice and large zip bag I needed to hopefully save my dear camera!

We've been swimming for the last 8 days, here, there, everywhere. My children are growing gills at this point.
And on the 8th day everyone was brave enough to jump right off the end...well with some hesitation.
Reagan has graduated to just arm swimmies. She has been shouting 'CANNON BALL!!!' and launching herself off the end of the dock since our first day out. She can somersault, back flip and just be a fish with her new freedom in the arm swimmies.Their favorite part of swimming at the lake house is, when your hungry, you swim up to a blueberry bush and have a snack, then jump right back in!

No comments:

Post a Comment