Monday, July 26, 2010

-4lbs

I've been away for a while, but I've been busy!
As most of you know I still have not lost my 'baby weight'. Edie is four now and I'm a 30 something! It's time to do something about all this 'extra me'. I went from gaining 70lbs with the twins right into another pregnancy. The last four years of diet and exercise are pretty much a blur. I've tried this and that only to be discouraged and give up. Granted I'm pretty used to the plus sized me but it is a lot to carry around while trying, and not always being able to keep up with three little ones. I've put my foot down, step by step, one by one and I've started to do something about 'me'.

Three weeks ago I started something new. It's called The Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan. Now listen it's only been three weeks but I've lost 4 pounds and I'm feeling stronger, and my clothes already fit better! I am thrilled about this 9 week program and I'm working towards running my first 5k this fall. My sister did her first last year and she is an inspiration to me. My sister runs, my sister in laws run, my friends run. And only after two weeks I'm hooked!

Today is week three, day one (w3d1) of the program and today I understand it's about endurance, and I was shocked to see my own endurance with controlled breathing today! I'll be sure to keep you posted on my successes, thank you all for your support so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment