Monday, December 3, 2007

Clutz!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket + Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket= A Big Problem!!!!



The house became eerily quiet. That usually means trouble. I felt like the Bionic woman for a a split second. I tuned into every room of the house and evaluated where the troops were. Instantly I could hear the twins upstairs playing in their room listening to some kid music, and Todd was working downstairs listening to his music. That left only one person, who was rustling some sort of paper in the kitchen. I leaped from my desk chair, and it spun around knocking my coffee over and spilling into the keyboard. ALL the cupboards are locked and the fridge and the freezer have locks now too. What could she possibly be getting into. I grabbed a kitchen towel (for the spilled coffee) I scooped up Edie and removed the stick of butter from her tiny grasp before she took a (gag) bite! We ran back into the other room and I dumped a cup of coffee out of the keyboard. UGH.... I can clean it, no problem....it's not the first time.

Here is the thing, our computer has a lock on it, when it's not being used, it goes into a sleep mode and when we sit back down to our work we have to wake it up and sign back on with a password (protection from the children who like to push all the keys as soon as we walk away. Believe me it's made a huge difference when I have to step away from emails, blogs, or web sites.

So the whole time I was cleaning the keyboard with wipes, and Q tips and warm cloths it 'thought it was awake'.
After cleaning the dang thing I thought I might as well check my email while I was sitting here. Ha, that's strange, every time I hit a key THAT letter does not come up on the screen. The space bar was the letter t and the letter d was a ?.

FUDGE!!!

I made sure all the kids were not getting into trouble and checked on Todd and the basement, and told about my coffee mishap. He said he would be right up. I checked in on all the kids and time passed. He came up and gave me an early Christmas gift. It was a blue tooth keyboard and mouse.

Sweeeeet!!!

I came in to hook it up, but....oh wait, how do we sign in when the keys we punch (the correct ones), are NOT really those letters the fried keyboard is posting (which are little black dots anyway!)

FUDGE!!!

We had a family gathering and Jim saved us once again, letting us borrow a keyboard so we could sign in to simply install the dongle (yes that's what the thing in the direction manual called the plug for the USB port.)

Sweeeeeet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment