Sunday, September 16, 2012

Rochester Fair 2012

Rides, food, rides, games and more food! We had an amazing day. I took few pictures and found myself fully IN the moment! I went on rides... Well two 'rides' some spinning tea cup/ turtle thing that made both my tummy and recovering vertigo inner ear realize ...I AM NOT A SEVEN YEAR OLD!. I did fun houses, silly mazes, and thoroughly enjoyed the agricultural barns. I admit I lingered in the 4H barn and gushed jealously over the baby chicks chirping about. And stood in awe face to face with the New Hampshire Red Rooster that made his presence known.
However, as much as I enjoyed the poultry exhibits I enjoyed even more so and found sheer delight and contentment in witnessing my girls experience the fair. Wide eyed and squeaking with anticipation they overflowed the backseat with chatter of what was to come. We arrived at the fairgrounds and paid our entry fee. Which was followed by a gasp from Aubrey, astounded at the price. Even tucking her in at night she 'couldn't believe the entry fee!' Ray saw her first giraffe. She spotted the zoo sign from atop the ferris wheel, once her feet were on the ground she was running towards the zoo. Edie, smiles, laughter, and pure joy radiated from cheek to cheek. She took in every sight. As did I! It was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment