Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Your The Office Manager For A Reason

We are part of a doctors 'network'. We had our babies at a hospital affiliated with our family doctor and our pediatrician.
Our babies were born in 04' and Edie in 06'. When we go to the emergency room, urgent care facility or the doctors office they simply plug in their names, birth dates and tah dah...their entire medical history is available.

Well, we have not been pleased with the office ongoings, (confusing the twins who are NOT identical) their sense of urgency, and just the over all confidence of the team. These are my kids and I want someone with a bit more confidence and experience. Yes with twins and with children in general. Your the doctor get in there and check stuff out! Don't be half assed because you don't want to get them upset. Do it right and thorough and make sure they are OK.

My sister in law has raved about her pediatrician. Even better her office is part of the same network, so it shouldn't be a problem swapping them over...right?? They were also accepting new patients.
I made the call, the first of March got the transfer of records documents and delivered them to the old office they would take care of it from there.

In April I called the new office, I brought Aubrey to them for a chronic cough she had been battling. The receptionist pulled up ALL her information, the doctor in the examination room had ALL her information at her fingertips too!

I asked the receptionist on the way out to set up appointments for all three girls to have physicals. I loved how thorough she was, her attention to detail, bedside manner, and tenure.

Receptionist :No records, Can't set up physicals, but they can be seen in emergencies.
I thought the ball was rolling?
This is what happened next:
  1. We had to call the old office, I was informed that:
  2. They requested the documents from a third party to be copied,
  3. Their request was on March 26th. Couldn't understand why the new office didn't have them yet,
  4. They gave me the number of that third party.
  5. I had to leave her a message because she only works Tuesdays from 3:30- 5pm.
  6. She returns my call the following Tuesday (because I had left her my message on Wednesday the week before), and proceeds to
  7. Tell me the girls hospital, emergency room information, pediatrician appointments, and in office visits are ALL on the network because they were born the year all records became available on 'the network' computer system and
  8. The new office can access them.
  9. no paperwork needed,
Great!, I called the new office again, and guess what? Still can't set up a physical!! The want the paper documents.

Repeat steps 1-8

What month are we in now...oh yeah JUNE!!
I want my girls to have physicals at the new office, because it's a new office. And I want everyone up to date before sports, and a potentially new school for the twins in the fall. So, I attempted to set up physicals again. and guess what?
Yup they were still looking for the records, that were ALL available on the network.
Enough is Enough, who the heck isn't doing their job and bringing frustration to ME!?,
ENTER: The Office Manager, she has that title for a reason, run the dang office, she ok'd the appointments and was taking it upon herself to get the documents the office needed to run more efficiently.
Good job Office Manager!!
Edie goes tomorrow for her physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment