Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Walk In The Woods

I decided to walk up to the cabin with the girls this afternoon. We put on jeans, sweatshirts and our mud boots. I put Edie in the backpack and tucked the camera in my pocket. We headed up the hill, up the hill a little more, and up the hill a little more. The girls wanted to hold my hand halfway up. So Edie had two fist fulls of hair and Reagan and Aubrey each squeezing my index and middle finger with all their might so they wouldn't lose their balance on the muddy, leafy path.
Finally, we reach the 'summit'. The girls kept calling it a doll house, and were so excited to go in.
I had pocketed two sets of keys, I knew one of them worked. I tried the first one. It didn't work. I tried the second one. It didn't work. I put one in the deadbolt, and one in the knob, they didn't' work.
Dang! The girls sat on the step and kept saying they wanted to go into the doll house. When the girls are hungry or tired they like to put 'so-so' in front of it. So on the steps sat the twins, one saying 'I'm so-so tired!' and one saying 'I'm so-so hungry!' Edie still held her two fist fulls of hair squeaking and squealing.
So we headed down the hill, down, down, down...
TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment