Sunday, December 29, 2013

Rockin Rib Fest






We had a great Father's Day....and I think Todd did too! Our day started early and we packed up the kids and headed to their first race!! Todd and I had done the Warrior Dash two years ago for our 10 year anniversary. The kids have been really interested in running and the race atmosphere, I thought this would be a good introduction for them. The kids ran the Piglet race (notice T shirts). They each ran with their age group and they did great. However the twins had a little 'push' for elbow room and I could hear the comments around me..."wow those two are competitive!" I chimed in with, "since the womb" ;). 
They did great! I'm so proud!
Race time came for the 5 miles. Edie made it past mile marker 1, and then needed to head back she was done. I gave her a "piggy" back all the way back to the brewery. She did amazing after running her race earlier. 
The twins and Daddy went on to FINISH the 5 miles together!!
We celebrated at the finish line and Edie crossed the finish line with them. 
We ate ribs, fries, had our free beers as running participants, and celebrated the day......
 clowns and all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment