Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bargain Globe




My endless search for a globe for Aubrey brought me to Goodwill. I hit most major retailers, bookstores and found some pretty amazing globes, but the price point blew me away. On a whim I stopped at my moms favorite Goodwill.
HOT DIGGITY!!!
I found one for $7.99!! It was in great shape, brass longitude and latitude. I dusted it off and proudly paid for my purchase. A clerk made a comment, 'Goodwill has something for everyone.' I stuck it in the back of the truck and hid it out of site for two days.
Birthday morning came.
She was thrilled!
She told us all about North America, South America, the equator, the poles. I was amazed at how much she knew. As we sat there spinning it I noticed this...

DANG!!!!

So it expired in 1991, it'll give us a good opportunity for a history lesson as we play.

No comments:

Post a Comment