Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy 9 Year Anniversary


This year's anniversary could not and SHOULD not be topped. After painting the outside our house for the last two weeks and almost completing this task....
we woke early today to find the automatic ice maker water line had leaked and flooded our hard wood floors in the kitchen, and had been leaking for some time, slowly seeping through the floor and down the basement walls, the leak area was behind lots and lots of plastic totes, so we would not of seen it, and did not see it until it was to late.
We spent the day with the wet vac, every fan on in the house.
My dining room rug was out on the driveway to dry. Some of the items we kept on the TOP shelves of the basement storage area were NOT in plastic bins. Only three boxes and ironically one them was our wedding glasses, after crying about the disaster, this did make me smile. They survived the last nine years what a great day to find them, let's use them! I washed and dried them hoping to have a toast at dinner, I went about the rest of the day cleaning, drying, mopping... only to find later that one glass had been broken during the day! The stem had been broken off of it at some point...after a mild interrogation, no one fessed up, so that one will remain a mystery. I think I need a finger print kit for situations like this.
It's a day later, we had Aubrey take our picture again, she does such a great job, she is our official anniversary picture taker. She took the one in the margin of the blog!
The drying continues, I'm going through EVERYTHING tote by tote. The water dripped down through the ceiling, onto the totes cascading down them. They were stacked so close and high it soaked everywhere and everything. Some toes had cracked lids, I never worried about water coming DOWN on them so it was no big deal, it was the water level coming up that had always been an issue.
Insurance guy comes on Tuesday, until then I'll try to get it as dry as possible and keep going through the totes. I did want to go through them and thin stuff out, just not on our anniversary, or a holiday weekend. back to work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment