Friday, January 11, 2008

Toddler Takedown

OH, a day in the life...
Most of you may remember that when the twins turned about 8 months old they started having a behavior I simply called:
'Baby Brawls'.
A simple quarrel between two babies of the same age wanting to do the same thing with the same toy at the same time. There of course would be duplicate of EVERY toy in our house, but for a couple of seconds they both wanted the same one, and the all out baby brawl would start.
Sure, sure, we talked about sharing or diverting the topic of the toy in question.
That phase soon passed,
or so I thought
We were in Target the other day....
We have a routine. You have to with 3 little ones the same age....
wanting to do the same thing.....
at the same time....
You know where this is going.
So there we were walking down the isle of Target.
Usually Ray is on my right and Aubrey is on my left each with a hand on the buggy, Edie buckled up for safety in the little built in seat. Aubrey, (who has been on a 'I'm the boss' kick) decided she wanted to switch sides and hopped over to Reagans side of the buggy.
Reagan is a creature of habit, and wanted NOTHING to do with that and literally hopped on her sisters back and took her down in the middle of the isle, growling and tackling it was harsh, and mean and I was beside myself.
All hell broke loose.
I peeled one off the other one little hand grabbing for the same side of the carriage, then one is running that way to get away from the other one, then they double back around with the other one being chased now.
Edie is crying because they are crying, I'm trying to use a steady calm tone.
I grabbed a little hand in each of mine dumped out my merchandise,
we marched out to the parking lot.
I was Sooooooo embarrassed!!! I talked to them about the unacceptable behaviour, they lost their Diego privilege for the day. We rode in silence. We got to Mt Dearborn and Ray finally asked, you still upset mama? I said yes, they both apologized.
BUT OH MY GOSH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment