Wednesday, June 6, 2007

OK, OK...

Here it is. A brand new Kenmore sewing machine model #385.16231. I had seen it on line and really liked all the features that it had, but it was a little out of my price range. Thank goodness for some forgetful associate at Sears! They did not take down the sale sign from the weekend sale. So I got it within my price range only by luck. And OH MY GOSH, let me tell you how wonderful this machine is. I mean I was hooked before, but now it's becoming all consuming.
Get this...It even threads the needle for me. There is this tiny little foot that comes down and grabs the thread and pulls it through the eye of the needle. My old machine, every time I stopped sewing or reversed stitched I would have to re thread the whole thing including the bobbin. Speaking of...
The bobbin is now located directly under the sewing foot. Each time I finish and remove my project I can look down and see how much I have left on it, without having to take the whole front of the machine off and take out the bobbin from the metal casing and inspecting it so often.
Therefore I've been reading the manual and educating myself about my new 'toy'.
This is why I have not blogged in a couple of days. I've been researching, shopping, and practicing. This is my first project on the new machine. Not to bad. It'll take some getting used to, but like I said OH MY GOSH, it's quiet, smooth and I don't have to re thread EVERY time I finish a stitch.

By the way this is a true WuBB. I'm appliqueing faces to most of my little blankets now to make them uniquely mine. Isn't he cute!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this monkey one!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this monkey!! You are so talented. Money Money Money!!

    ReplyDelete